Clovid-19 safety measures for jewellery courses at Yardley Arts from July 2020 (Date edited 29th June 2020)
Please see below for the new precautions that have been put in place to ensure that the courses run as smoothly and safely as possible: (changes in bold)
– Please queue at the front of the building at least 1 meter apart as marked on the pavement
– Please was your hands in the kitchen cleaning sink when you arrive and then each hour or more frequently as you feel, there after
– Please do feel free to bring and wear a face mask to the session there may be times when you might need to be closer than 1 meter to another learner.
– You will each have your own bench space which will be disinfected before you arrive. This will be 1.5 – 2 meters from the next bench
– You will each have your own equipment and materials ready for you on your table, which will be sanitised before you arrive
– There will be a pickling pot between between two people. There will also be several polishing machines available but please leave a 1 meter gap between each learner if waiting to use it.
– There will be paper towels, hand sanitiser and soap provided in the toilets and hand wash basin in the kitchen
– When the course has finished please keep 2 meters between you as you leave the building
– All tools and desks will be sanitised after you leave
How will demonstrations be organised?
I will do demonstrations at the teaching desk and have a camera pointing down at my hands with the image projected onto the wall behind me.
This is something that I wanted to set up before the pandemic to help learners be able to see demonstrations so you’ll get the first opportunity to see demonstrations in giant size.
Can I get individual help from the tutor on the course?
Yes you will be able to get assistance with your piece during the course.
– I will have a desk with a clear screen around it so you are able to be closer than 2 meters which is needed for you to be able to see small scale jewellery work
– Please ensure you stand 2 meters apart if you are waiting to get individual support
– I will have my own set of tools and if I need to touch your piece or help you with your work I will sanitise it before I pass your piece back to you
Will drinks and snacks be available?
We are yet to make a decision on this but please do feel free to bring your own.
I am really excited to get back to teaching after these past few months of lock down and hope that you are too.
Many thanks for all your support of my little business during this time.